From: aquatic-plants-bounces+d_guynn=sbcglobal.net at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+d_guynn=sbcglobal.net at actwin.com]On
Behalf Of Diane Brown
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 9:32 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] Re: CO2 tanks and teflon tape

On Monday, Nov 1, 2004, at 18:23 US/Central,
aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com wrote:

> You should normally not use teflon pipe tape on gas fittings (the same
> goes
> for natural gas lines if you ever work on those). There is a yellow
> teflon
> tape for gas lines that you could use, but it probably isn't
> necassary. For
> gas lines you normally use a pipe thread compound that is goo-in-a-can.

Why shouldn't I be using teflon tape?  Does it just not help, or does
it actively impair the seal?

(This is a very timely question since I just emptied my big tank and
need a refill....)

Diane Brown in St. Louis
http://www.well.com/user/debunix/fish/fishIndex.html