From: Rick Engstrom [mailto:rick703 at mts_net]
Sent: 29 October 2004 19:40
To: aquatic plants digest
Subject: RE: [APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 14, Issue 51

--
Subject: [APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 14, Issue 51

My real question is whether one of these things is likely to leach
chemicals into the water... is there a particular type of plastic I
should try to get/try to avoid?

cheers,

Maggie

I have used plastic garbage cans, the type you can buy at the local Rono or
Home Depot that have wheels and have used them for years with no trouble.
Just recently I have been in contact with a plumber who is getting me two
barrels from an R/O water supplier. They are about the size of a 50 gallon
drum although another person told me that actually hold closer to 80
gallons. They have a threaded fitting on the bottom. You could always check
with local R/O dealers but those garbage cans are cheap and work well. I use
a little pond pump and enough line to reach all of my 40 tanks. Put the pump
in the garbage can , plug her in and fill away.

Rick