[APD] Re: E-mycin for BGA

I get BGA so infrequently, that I find a 1/2 dose of e-mycin in the tank
gets rid of it quite well, at least in my smaller tanks. If it were a
frequent issue, then I'd have to look into other methods, like growing my
plants better. I don't use antibiotics in my 240 because of the cost of
dosing that much water (240 gallons and a 45 gallon sump).

One thing I have observed in my 240 is that if I get BGA, it is mostly in
areas where the water flow has slowed down, usually behind a plant that has
gotten large. Directing current to that area or pruning the blocking plant
seems to help avoid recurrence.
Regards,
Dave