Re: [APD] Re: BGA Control - Blackout vs. Antiobiotics.

I think it is important to follow the exact directions on the box, to
prevent resistant strains from appearing. I don't know for sure, I am
not a scientist, but I suspect it would be possible to have a
resistant strain from appearing if:
1) you did not do a full cycle of medication
and/or
2) you did not change enough of the water after the medication period,
which would leave smaller amounts in the tank giving the BGA time to
grow resistant.

Of course, this is speculation.

Fortunately, my live fish were unharmed by the treatment I used, but
all the plastic fish died. =-(

--
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the
human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island

---- H. P. Lovecraft