Re: [APD] Re: Co2 tank question

We'll hear from you when you offer all your prunings/
cuttings on the list. . .

Good luck, good fun,
Scott H
--- NYCMags <heavensabvus1 at yahoo_com> wrote:

> Lot's of questions regarding the Co2 setup I got and
> setups in general, so here's a little more info.  I
> feel lucky for once to be able to offer a little
> information instead of just receiving it!
>
> The regulator I have ordered is indeed the JBJ
> all-in-one for $69.99, on sale.  They also sell
> Milwaukee, but I opted for the JBJ as it had a few
> extra features.  I have read good things about both in
> the archives.
>
> >From what I have heard, there are all sorts of
> procedures for filling Co2 tanks and it seems to
> depend upon where you live.  The place I have lined
> up, which I investigated in advance of purchasing the
> tank, will refill my own tank, on the spot -- and it's
> within 10 minutes of my house.  Can't beat that.  It's
> approximately $14.00, which is more than some must
> pay, but NYC is expensive.
>
> The bottom line for purchasing my own tank, though,
> was this:  it was cheaper.  To buy a 10lb aluminum
> tank online (including the shipping) was $89 plus $5
> extra for shipping (since I purchased the regulator at
> the same time and had to pay shipping for that
> anyway).  I called the local fire exinguisher stores
> and welding places and for a 10lb tank the average
> price was $110 , plus 8.5% tax.
>
> All in all, I think I got a good deal.  I could
> probably have gone cheaper and bought a second hand
> tank off of someone if I was willing to wait, or put
> together the individual components of the regulator
> myself.  As an inexperienced high-pressure user,
> though, getting a regulator that's ready to go made
> sense.
>
> I have a 65 gallon with six guppies and shrimp in it.
> I'll be starting very slow with the Co2 to make sure
> they stay well and happy.  I will no doubt be asking
> questions about setup, even though instructions are
> being sent to me.  There is nothing like a wise and
> experienced think tank!
>
> Of course, all this is theoretical, as I haven't yet
> received my order or used this welding place.  When I
> have received my order and made my first fill-up, I
> will be happy to share my experiences -- things
> usually never go exactly as planned, so it will be
> interesting to see the result.  If you never hear from
> me again, the tank probably blew and took me with it.
>
> Valerie

=====
Still some time to get the $59 registration rate -- it must increase as of October 28th to $79.

Still some time left to get the 65% discount hotel rate.

The Annual AGA Convention, 2004, November 12-14.
aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org