[APD] LakeTanganika plants

There is definitely a species of Vallisneria that grows in the lake, apparently it is endemnic.
Are you going for a true biotope type of setup or are you only looking for plants that will withstand the onslaught of the Cichlids. FWIW, I have a Tang Biotope tank, Compressi's, Calvus, simili's, multi's, Brichardi's, Pulchers and Cyprichromis, all these fish leave the plants well alone. I only have a stand of vallisneria in this tank, and its not the correct species!

One of the BAENSCH atlas's apparently have a listing of plants that grow in the lake, perhaps that will help you out.

Kind Regards
Cameron James