[APD] Dupla Co2 Atomiser/Diffuser?

Have any of you tried the Dupla Co2 Atomizer/Diffuser?  How does it work?  I
am currently using pressurized with a Hagen ladder on my 55 gallon and
although it worked quite well for me, recently it became dirty and it took a while
for me to figure out why the bubbles were so big and not diffusing - thus the
plants felt the impact.  So, now the plants are recovering, but I'm wondering
about trying another type of diffuser, i.e the Dupla.  I do not want a lot of
stuff in my tank, and I do not use a cannister filter, so the external reactors
will not work for me.

Thank you for any thoughts on this!