Re: [APD] 55 watt bulb for 65 watt ballast?

If the pin layout is the same (square versus straight
in-line) then you should have no problem. The
characteristics are close enough. In fact variations
between models of ballast for eiether of these bulbs will
make bigger diffs than the the diffs between a 65W and a
55W on a given ballast.

If the pin arrangments are diff, the bulbs have diff
starting characteristics and you should try to bulbs of one
kind on a ballast meant for the others.

Scott H.
--- "Byron J. Yu" <sixty9 at gmail_com> wrote:

> I'm sure this is a stupid question, but i have a coralife
> lamp that
> supports 65 watt power compact bulbs. Is it ok if i
> switch the bulbs
> with 55 watt bulbs? Will it shorten the lifespan of the
> bulb or
> ballast, or do anything else undesirable?
>
> THanks
>
> Byron

=====
Still some time left to get the 65% discount hotel rate.

The Annual AGA Convention, 2004, November 12-14.
aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org

Speakers, 3 Focus Groups in two sessions each, plus Field Trip, Banquet, auctions of equipment and plants from some of the best companies, gardeners & nurseries in the hobby.