[APD] Re: Chemists: Aluminum and the Freshwater Aquarium?

SH - "A power (hang on) filter can work instead of drilling the tank. Set the Iceprobe into that and the filter pump will recirculate the water."

Nice idea. (I'll bring the soy sauce.) Won't work for my setup, but nice idea nonetheless.

But Peltier looked worse and worse the more I read. Even at the smallest end of the chiller range, the traditional compressor type chiller outperforms:

http://www.aqua-medic.de/index0.html (Click on chillers, then Titan and scroll down to the spec chart.) It seems to me that there's no reason to even build the Peltier chiller that they are selling because it compares so badly in terms of electrical consumption versus performance.

TW