Re: [APD] RE: peat moss / ph

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 03:03:54 -0700, "Steve Pushak"
<teban at powersonic_bc.ca> wrote:

>Peat is very good at controlling the pH if that's what you want to
>achieve.
>
>It will also reduce your hardness for several months as it soaks calcium
>and magnesium out of the water, so its good to maintain regular water
>changes and mineral dosing.

Well that too is not a bad thing, my water is very hard, very alkaline
and has high alkalinity ;)  But if I have to maintain regular water
changes I should wait until I'm done with my coppersafe dose to start
adjusting ph, right?  (probably would anyway as there is no point in
stressing the fishwith additional changes)

What I am really looking for here is not "how to change ph" because I
have already decided peat moss is going to be the most feasible option
for this tank. But I would like to know, how to most effectively use
my peat moss.