Re: [APD] Re: Lighting

It was just becasue of the problem of diff test conditions
that the feds set up a standardized method for the stated
fuel economy ratings.

sh
--- Phillip Grobler <pfgrobler at hotmail_com> wrote:

> There are quite a few tests on the Krib were various
> bulbs were tested in
> the same fittings the results of these test should be
> very comparable.
>
> Lights from the same manufacturer like the Sera  or Osram
> tubes will most
> likly be tested using the same criteria.Which means the
> values are very
> compareble.  Which means it should be quite clear that it
> makes more sence
> to use a Sera Daylight at 0.72 than the Sera Plant color
> at 0.54. Or to use
> the Osram Fluora 77 at 0.71 rather than the  Biolux at
> 0.55
>
> When buying a car with better stated feul economy figures
> it will probably
> still mean I save petrol even though there is far greater
> difrences in the
> test conditions when manufacturers tests cars.   I will
> still be using the
> two cars in the same way.
>
> Phillip Grobler

=====
Plant your feet in Washington, D.C. and touch the moon -- at the National Air & Space Museum.
And learn the art of aquascaping Senske style at AGA2K4.

Speakers, field trip, Ray "Kingfish" Lucas, and more. . .
The Annual AGA Convention, 2004, November 12-14.

Convention Details/Registration at aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org