Re: [APD] Too many plants??

>Every day, right before my lights turn on, my fish are breathing heavy and
>gasping at the surface of the tank.

I had the same thing in my heavily planted 55 gal with co2 and 3 WPG light and a heavy fish load.  Initially I thought it was excess co2.  But I now think it was insufficient oxygen overnight.  During the day, the plants give off lots of oxygen.  At night, no photosynthesis but also limited turbulence and therefore limited oxygenation of the water.  I added an airstone that goes on when the lights are off.  Solved my problem.

Bob Alston

BobAlston9 at AOL_com
http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/

---