Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:07:12 +0200
From: "Phillip Grobler" <pfgrobler at hotmail_com>
Subject: [APD] Submerged light.
To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

I was reading up again on the argument of wether the depth of the tank
influences the ammount of light needed. And now I'm wondering. The
distance between the bulb and the water surface seems to have a reletavily
large effect an the ammount of light that actualy reached the bottom of the
tank. Whould it not make sence to place the tubes them selfs under the
water surface ?

If you use CF's or PC's it should be fairly simple process to get a water
tight
seal arround the electrical connections.

On my own tank has a glass lid that is actualy still part of the main tank
so
it whould be very easy to flood the lid and have the tubes submerged. I
realise that heat from the bulbs might then become a problem.

Does someone have a link to a good  DIY reflector design, idealy with
comparisons to other reflectors.

Phillip Grobler
Cell: +27 083 654 0250
Instant messaging: