Re: [APD] Submerged light

where i work we make mh lights for underwater use, they are very
expensive and not worth it for an aquarium, we make these lights for
large scale fish farms. but we have found that adding the light
underwater improves light penetration and lights a larger area of the
water with less reflection off of the waters surface.  as for
flourecent lights they can be operated underwater if you encase them
in a glass tube, having the light directly in water causes it to burn
out within days maybe weeks if your lucky.

James