Re: [APD] FINAL REMINDER --AGA Aquascaping Contest 2004

Hey folks, don't forget to read the helpful tip and
guidelines posted on the AGA website. It's all right here:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2004.cgi?&op=showpage&name=guidelines-index

You'll even find the new, improved Biotope guidelines plus
guides on the photos. The photo guidelines are lenient and
instructive, including where to write the planting
plan/plant names (HINT: not on the picture itself!)  :-)
Simple. Easy to follow. And they make processing that much
faster.

And don't forget to upgrade your internet connection if you
are planning on downloading pics from the contest once they
are posted -- looks like the biggest and broadest turnout
yet, crossing many borders, and you're going to want a lot
of bandwidth ;-)  .

Good luck, good fun to all entrants,
Scott H.

--- Carlos Sanchez <tsunamicarlos at hotmail_com> wrote:

> =The AGA Aquascaping Contest 2004 deadline for entry
> submissions is only
> about five days away on --Wednesday, September 15th.
>
> Please start getting those entries in! Don't know how to
> enter? Simply
> register, download five photos of the tank (the one
> frontal shot is the most
> important), fill in all your tank information. That's it!
>
> The photo release form and 5$ entry fee (which can be
> paid by either Paypal
> or through the mail) can be submitted after the deadline.
> However, if the
> photo release form and entry fee aren't submitted by
> around November 1st,
> then your entry will be disqualified.
>
> The contest closes September 15th, and winners will be
> announced
> simultaneously on this site and live at the AGA
> Convention in Washington DC
> the weekend of November 12th.
>
> http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2004.cgi
>
> Quote:
> **NEWS**
> "Speaking of flexible, there has been such a great
> turnout from so many
> countries this year that we've been having a bit of
> trouble with some being
> able to pay the entry fees. But I'm happy to announce
> that thanks to the
> generous donation of David Lass (and others if this
> becomes popular), we are
> now *waiving the entry fee* for anyone entering from a
> country that PayPal
> refuses to deal with! That's right, now aquascapers from
> Malta and Indonesia
> don't have to find a $5 bill to hide in with their Photo
> Release. So NO
> EXCUSES now!"
>

> Good luck to everyone!
>
> Carlos

=====
Plant your feet in Washington, D.C. and touch the moon -- at the National Air & Space Museum.
And learn the art of aquascaping Senske style at AGA2K4.

Speakers, field trip, Ray "Kingfish" Lucas, and more. . .
The Annual AGA Convention, 2004, November 12-14.

Convention Details/Registration at aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org