[APD] Is the W/G figure valid for a 10 gallon tank?

Greetings List Members,

I'm planning to do a DIY light fixture for a 10 gallon tank.

Presently, I'm leaning toward T8 fluorescents. I believe the ones that are
the proper length are 15 watts (F15T8 ?). Any comments pro or con about
choosing these bulbs would be appreciated!

Now, if one uses the 2 W/G figure as the threshold between low light and
high light, one T8 would certainly qualify as low light, and that's what the
standard off-the-shelf fluorescent hoods have.

However, it doesn't really seem like two of these bulbs (total of 30W) would
be bright enough.

Is the W/G figure valid for a 10 gallon tank?

Anyone had any luck overdriving a single one of these bulbs?
--
Thanks,
Robert