[APD] Re: Re: Vaccuming the gravel for planted tanks

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think my ammonia
test kits may be the problem for my high ammonia test
results. They are Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test kits
and are a year old. But I did find a website where
they say that this kit is suppose to last 3 years on
the shelf.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/test_kits_life.php

Not sure how long they last after they have been
opened and used.

I also tested my tap water before and after adding
Amquel+ and there's little to no ammnonia. I live in
the Boston, MA area. So I guess their water is ok.
Anybody else have any experiences with Boston water?
The other thing how does Amquel+ compare with Amquel?
I search this forum on Amquel+ and all I've been
hearing are bad things about it. Is it really that
worthless?

Thanks.
-WC