[APD] Re:myths/light

From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:42:06 -0700 (PDT)

> Doth not reflected light scatter too? And each bounce
> yields less light, no?

You might ask a laser researcher about that.  Or perhaps someone involved
with telecopes.  Either one is just as relevant to the discussion as most
of the ideas put forth.

I was trying to correct some of the responses to Wright's message:

"Hoping to unconfuse you, Byron, the lack of much light
loss due to water depth (i.e., actual water absorption)
says nothing about shading. Upper leaves always tend to
cause various amounts of shade on lower leaves, so they
do get the largest share of the light."

So, considering scattering and reflective losses, I guess trying to light
a tank is pretty much hopeless.  I stand corrected.  I shall refrain from
attempting to shed further light on the subject.

George