[APD] When to add potassium

I have a fairly new planted aquarium and my wife just treated me to a bunch of Seachem products. Substrate is flourite/eco-complete/moon sand fertilized with flourish tabs (overkill?). I have been dosing the tank the past month with Flourish and Flourish Excel in addition to my piss-poor DIY CO2 set-up — I'm only getting about 6 bubbles a minute. I just got an iron test and after reading no iron in the tank, I have started adding that. My question is, I was also given a potassium supplement but have no way of measuring levels currently in my tank and if it is needed or not...and if so, at what levels? Are there signs the tank will give me that there is a shortage of K2O?

Be gentle with me....I'm a wicked newbie!

Many thanks.

Aaron