[APD] Re: Nesaea "red"

>So what's up with my Nesea? Any suggestions?

>// Daniel.

Daniel, I've yet to have seen any nice looking Red Nesea that someone has kept and maintained for a 2 year peroid in a tank submersed underwater. The leaves had zero algae epiphytes when I got some from Asia. This means that it's emgrent grown.  People do okay with it for a time, but I think it's just not really too happy about being submersed and it's certainly not something worth going to all the trouble to keep.
Contrasted to both forms of Tonia, I would say this plant is much more difficult.
Why bother when there's 2-300 species of plants out there?
This plant is on my crap list.

I have not "really tried" but I've done enough to see if it's a decent plant for planted aquariums or not.

Try giving it all the room it needs, light etc, Try a mud cube under the substrate where it's at(You can vacuum it out later if it doesn't help).
Beyond that and the water column, there's not much else ..........besides emergent growth.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Message: 6