[APD] Mini Nymphaea

I have a Nymphaea zenkeri that I've had for about 3 years. When I forst got it it had normal, large leaves, but every time it got more than 3 leaves the ends of the stems would rot and the leaves would float off. Our water here is very soft, and when I started adding Ca and Mg the plant did much better, even sending out some baby plants.

The aquascape went through some changes and the plant got moved around a lot. Now it is living in the foreground of the tank. It only has 4-5 leaves at any given time, and they are very small - less that 1" long. The leaves are also very low to the ground - the glosso that grows around it sometimes grows over it.

Any idea what might cause these tiny, but very healthy looking leaves?

Rachel