[APD] Natural light - SkyLight

Are there any disadvantages to using natural light for a very large planted tank.( about 3000L.)

I'm thinking of using Solar tubes/ Skylight to provide the bulk of the light needed to
support plant growth and adding  metal Halides from 6 to 9pm so I can enjoy the tank.

I'm I right in asuming if I keep the water parameters in check then the sunlight itself should not cause
more algea problems than artificial lights ?

I think in the 2003 AGA contest there was 6000L pond from Singapoer that was entered but
the details were vere sparce

Phillip Grobler
Cell: +27 083 654 0250
Instant messaging: