RE: [APD] Possible CO2 poisoning

What does the fish look like if he died from CO2 poisoning?

-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces+forehaven=comcast_net at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+forehaven=comcast_net at actwin.com]On
Behalf Of S. Hieber
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 1:12 PM
To: bowerman at specent_com; aquatic plants digest
Subject: Re: [APD] Possible CO2 poisoning

Fwiw, I've had rummies at close to 40ppm without problems.

Scott H.
--- Pat Bowerman <bowerman at specent_com> wrote:
> No argument about that at all, but the CO2 wasn't being
> ramped up. It was
> at a level that one group of fish were very happy
> with,(Pristellas) while
> the newly introduced Rummynoses began dying off rather
> quickly, either
> because of the CO2 level or some other reason. Is there
> such a thing as
> CO2 shock?

=====
Want to get dirty but stay clean?

Diana Walstad, author of _Ecology of the Planted Aquarium_ will discuss soil
supplemented aquarium substrates at the 2004 AGA Convention.

Convention Details/Registration at aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org