[APD] Re: Barclaya

.....BTW, I took your advice and moved her over to the 29g and so far so good. I didn't realise that this plant got so large. It is currently the biggest plant in my tank with leaves that must be at least 30cm long. I am anxiously awaiting a bud to form :) Anyway, thanks again for the heads up. Have a good one.

Kind Regards
Cameron James

My plant is currently just a tuft of small leaves badly shaded by overrunning Hygrophila polysperma, but about a year ago I had flowers that self-fertilized and produced hard berry-like fruits that were about the size of marbles. They would persist for several weeks after reaching full size and then suddenly disintegrate. I never really saw any seeds, but I did see an occasional seedling, none of which made it very far. From the size of the seedlings, the seeds must be pretty small.
--
Paul Krombholz in humid central Mississippi, getting typical August weather, finally.