RE: [APD] RE: Give Up

> I'm sure some people will be aghast over this suggestion, but
> it works well for me!

I've never bothered much with gradual acclimatisation either.
Generally I pour half the water out of the bag,  refill with tank water,
let it float for ten minutes or so, then pour the water in the bag down
the drain through a net to catch the fish and ceremoniously dump the
fish from the net into the tank.

Like a lot of folks here, I don't believe pH shock actually exists -
it's more likely that problems are caused by TDS changes.

Even so, a healthy fish will survive almost anything.

Graham.