[APD] Replying to posts

Hello everyone,
I was very excited to open up volume 12 issue 36 of the digest. 37kB, Wow, there must be loads of interesting stuff to learn about or questions I might be able to help someone with. What I got was unbelievably redundant. I was amazed at how many times some of the posts had been copied. Is this really nesassary? When a line of the digest starts like this >>>>>>>> thats right, 8 of them, I certainly don't read it and I would wager no one else does either. I don't know how often some folks clear their Email inboxes, but I have at least the past 4 or 5 issues still in mine to look back at if needed. More to the point, and be aware that my own short term memory leaves something to be desired, I imagine everyone that is interested in the course of particular threads can remember the pertinent information from the last 2 or even 3 posts on the subject. I don't presume to tell anyone how to go about posting to the list, I just think it could be done better. I would also like to make clear that this post is not an attempt to sound like a grumpy old geologist and I am certainly not trying to unseat Tom from his throne of crotchetyness.

Mike