RE: [APD] snail killing chemicals

2 dwarf puffers and 3 dwarf sidamunki loaches (purchased at Aquarium center
in Randallstown, MD for $21 total) reduced my MTS and pond snail population
by 95% in a matter of 2-3 weeks in my heavily planted 75G.  The puffers have
not been aggressive towards other fish and the loaches have not been
disruptive to the glosso.  The nice thing is they both stay small :-)
Puffers seem to favor the pond snails, in part because their shells are
harder and puffers need that to keep their "beaks" trim

I'm a huge fan of avoiding the cidal chemicals and finding a natural
predator to achieve balance.

Gilly