[APD] Re: filter bacteria

"just for my future reference, if the power goes out, how long will it take before my nitrosomonas and nitrobacter  bacteria in my canister filter/ hagen aquaclear quick filter   die off?

thank you for your time.

Joe"

If the power goes out due to Hurricane, it's totally dead:)
No, seriously, the bacteria in the filter I've heard can be damaged after 20 minutes or so in Fluid bed filters.
Maybe an hour or so as the O2 is all used up, but why worry?

Plants absorb the NH4 to extremely low levels anyway...........

Regards,
Tom Barr