[APD] Question for Tom

Tom-
Thanks for your answer...since this tank is going to
be an upgrade from my 29 gallon, I was planning on
vacuuming the old gravel and dumping all the sludge
into the new tank and letting it run for a few days to
clear any murk.  Then, I would taking the old water
and the old filter and move them over with the fish
(only about 15 guppies and 1 SAE).

I'll add the peat or soil now that you've alerted me
to that.  Is it just the type I should get at a
nursery?  Not potting soil that comes in bags, right?
What does this do?

Thanks!
Valerie

_____________

Valerie,
Remember to add mulm from an established FW tank and
some peat(or some soil), about 2 handfuls is all
you'll need, add as much mulm as will
fill the bottom of the tank with a nice soupy layer.
Rinse the flourite 2-3x, do not try and clean it all
the way.
Add the mulm
Add the peat
Add the flourite

That's about all you need to do from here on with your
substrate.  For a non CO2 tank, add roughly 1" of soil
or peat, same other wise.

Regards,
Tom Barr