[APD] Re: Red worms in my filter -- good, bad, or ugly?

I have photos of the filter posted at SimplyDiscus
http://www.simplydiscus.com/forum/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=20220;start=15#lastPost

The worms are segmented and do stretch and shrink as they move. So, tubifex?

They sure do keep the filter clean, and unlike the MTS that clean most of my
planted tank filters, they won't get stuck in the impeller. The fish love
eating them. It seems too good to be true that these worms could clean my
filter and then be good fish food as well. Are these worms safe for my fish
to eat?

Ann V