[APD] Re: Red worms in my filter -- good, bad, or ugly?

Thanks Dave and Paul,

The worms do change in length as they move by shrinking and stretching, I
don't see any segments but then my failing eyes don't see a lot of things
these days. I have never fed tubifex, nor blackworms and I've had these fish
for 10 weeks now. It may be that these fish were fed blackworms before I got
them in June, and I know the breeder has sworn off blackworms but it is
possible that the fish could have had some before they were sold to me at
about one month old.

OK, if they are bloodworms or tubifex, is it unsafe for me to handle that
filter pad with my bare hands? Normally I'd squeeze it out, though I have to
admit that now with the worms in the pad, it looks rather clean but for the
dirt trails the worms leave. The pad really has quite a lot of worms in it.
I'll post a photo over at SimplyDiscus later today.

Thanks,
Ann V