Re: [APD] Help With My New Tank!! -- or - Reflections on choices

I very grateful for the information everyone has
provided about bulbs; however, I think I am missing a
key component.

I don't really understand how to determine what amount
of light is actually required by the plants.  I am
sure it is not watts; since, every type of light seems
to have a different amount of watts for every bulb.

For example in my tank, how can i determine how much
light will be needed and then correspond this to the
different types of bulbs.  BTW it will be heavily
planted....

Would I be trying to estimate the lumens needed and
then match the number of bulbs to this total amount of
lumens.

I thought the substrate stuff was bad, this lighting
business is worse!

Thanks,

Shalom