RE: [APD] DIY CO2 injection not bubbling

Leaks :-)

Bear in mind that the pressure needs to build up in the soda bottle to
overcome the weight of 12-24 inches of water (you don't say how deep the
tank is).  Any leak around the joint where you placed the valve in the
soda bottle  will allow the CO2 to escape.   Did you  use some silicone
based sealant around the valve before subjecting it to pressure?

Graham.