[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 11, Issue 43

Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 7:12 PM
Subject: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 11, Issue 43

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:47:16 -0700
> From: Christine Bennett <christine_bennett at usa.net>
> Subject: [APD] Re: New Set Up
> To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>
> Sounds like a great setup!  If you're worried about depth, try looking for
> 'long' tank - for example I have a 25 gallon Long tank so it is shallower
than
> a normal tank but is 36" long (rather than the standard 30").  I would
also
> rethink the combination of angelfish and cardinals/neons.  Angels often
eat
> the small tetras in the wild, and while the angels may cause no harm while
> small, they will quickly grow and become fiesty (especially when
breeding).

Buy the angels small, the neons and cardinals big.  With luck they will
never figure out what their natural prey is.  I've had no problems. I have a
mated pair of angels in a 55 with cardinals and another mated pair in a 55
with neons.  They tend to be a bit rough on each other prior to laying egs,
but the the smaller fish just learned to keep a big plant between themselves
and the angels

Wild angels have the reputation of being rough on neons and cardinals,
thopugh

bob