Re: [APD] New Set Up

On 29/07/2004, at 5:14 PM, Robert Armas wrote:
In about two months, after moving by the end of August to the new home, I will finally will fulfill my desire: to set up and mantain a planted tank.
I need some advice and guidance.

<snip>

Will the angels make a meal of the shrimps or they can coexist together?
Will my only option as "prized fishes" be limited to blue rams only?

There are many other peaceful South American dwarf cichlids that will do very nicely in a planted tank. Try the Apistogramma species: cacautoides are easy to get (in Australia, at least). Checkerboards (Dicrossus filamentosus) are also nice, the males have quite elaborate finnage.

http://www.thekrib.com/Apisto/

Giles