[APD] Re: Moving

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:37:34 -0700 (PDT), Erin Poythress <anang3 at yahoo_com> wrote:

Andrew,

Thanks for the Prime tip, but I had one teeny
question. Did you mean put the Prime in their
buckets/bags or in the tank once I've set it up in my
new place? I imagine both wouldn't hurt, but I wasn't
clear.

Thanks,

Erin

Andrew McLeod wrote:

Add a 5x dose of Seachem Prime. That stuff is
fantastic....

Personally, I'd add it to everything - firstly to all the tanks before you start dismantling, so that the water that you keep is already protected, and secondly to any new water to make up to fill the tanks on arrival, so that you don't put more than 5x dose into any water (though I suspect it wouldn't actually matter). This way you beat both ammonia buildup during transit, and prevent any problems from any cycle that may occur after transit if for some reason the bacterial colonies don't keep in the filters (which is unlikely, but why take the risk? Prime is cheap, even in the UK as it is very concentrated, but fish are not...).

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.