[APD] Onyx question

Anybody out there still using onyx? I'm about to set up a tank using Onyx, and was wondering how it performs relative to flourite - specifically in relation to dosing iron/traces: is it much the same, do you need to dose iron/traces more than with flourite, does it perform well overall, is there anything to watch out for (apart from the initial high buffering) etc, etc, etc. I can of course find out all these things by trial and error, but where's the fun in that when i can learn from OTHER people's mistakes ; ).
TIA
Daniel