[APD] Still need CO2 for semi-aquatic plants?

Greetings!

I am new to the list but very happy to have found it!

I'm setting up a new tank that will be a half land/half water setup
(actually, the land part is going to be a sort of ledge, with roots from the
terrestrial plants there hopefully growing through holes down into the
water).  If I grow semi-aquatics in the water half and they grow mostly out
of the water, will I still need to rig a CO2 system?  My reasoning says no,
since CO2 is taken in through the stomates of the leaves and most of those
will hopefully grow up out of the water.  What do you think?

Also, does anyone have any good info on semi-aquatic species and their
needs, etc.?

Many thanks,

-Abraham

"The road to wisdom?  Well, it's plain and simple to express; to err and err
and err again; but less and less and less."-Piet Hien