[APD] Re: Putting pressure on Eheim and

Scott,

Great to see that you examined the ECCO to see how it works. You brought up
several things in your earlier post that I was uncertain of. I've tried to
reason my way through the question of why the unit malfunctioned so badly
when I did not follow the instructions, but I didn't so do some of the
poking and proding that is required to reveal the truth. After reading your
post, and going back to play with one of my ECCOs, I applaud your
investigation.

Yes, there is nothing that would maintain pressure, positive or negative
inside the canister after disconnecting. The unit did make a nice little
spurt of water from the outlet valve when disconnected, which is probably
(as you mentioned) the real reason behind the order of operation given.
Note, keep a small towel handy at every tank.

I think now that the problem with the locks not moving when the lever is
moved may have been from moving too fast, gotta move that lever slowly. I
disconnected the filter, pump first, then valves, and it still opened when I
moved the handle slowly. Perhaps that is all it requires.

Ann Viverette, sheepishly reminding herself to test a theory before posting
it for all the world to see

(snip)