[APD] CO2 not dissolving

I recently went to pressurized system on my 30g, which had been DIY CO2.  This is a Milwaukee setup complete with SMS 122 pH meter-controlled solenoid.  Running output into a Hagen 201 powerhead which goes into one of Tom Barr's homemade external reactors.  Flow rate on the Hagen is around 110gph.  Running 1 bps, I am getting accumulated gas that almost completely evacuates all water from the reactor.  I would have thought the flow rate was sufficient to dissolve the gas, but evidently not.  The only thing I can think of otherwise is that I have bad load of CO2 (e.g., not very pure CO2).

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?  The system is going into a 65 pretty soon, so I will need to solve this expeditiously.
thanks-

James Brady
mid-Hudson Valley