Re: [APD] Filter versus Pump

Well, not truly famous, jsut more famous than the Eheims --
am I couching my terms today or what? :-\

Anyway, there's a rash of posts in the APD archives about
the Hagens, and filstars, etc. The new hagens, I believe,
are genrally considered much improved over the previous
versions.

Canister filters have lots of specially shaped parts, but
mechanically they are elegant -- simple but functional in
their design. It's the tweaks and details that make the
diff.

Lots of folks like Hagens or they wouldn't still be on the
market -- Canister filters is a pretty competitive field.

Scott H.
--- Andrew McLeod <thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:43:00 -0700 (PDT), S. Hieber
>
> I have a Fluval 104, and I think it's the bee's knees.
> What sort of
> problems are Hagen's famous for? And are their any known
> problems with the
> latest releases of the x04 series? Like most of the new
> Hagen stuff I have
> seen, while it may not have the engineering quality that
> Eheims have, at
> the same time they are quite clever in their design (e.g.
> Aquastop) but
> quite simple at the same time, which would make them less
> likely to have
> design flaws possibly? For a precision engineered tool,
> this thread seems
> to have a lot of 'oddities', probably best described as
> 'quirks', in
> Eheims. Also Hagen make fewer models than Eheim, so they
> can spend more
> time on their single line, and they also get my vote by
> describing real
> flow rates instead of entirely made-up ones...
>
> --
> Andrew McLeod
> thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk
>
> This email was scanned carefully before transmission to
> remove any
> content, information or relevance.

=====
It's the contest that started international competition in aquascaping
planted aquaria! AGA's 2004 Aquascaping Contest is open for entrees:

 http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2004.cgi

Novices and experts alike show their skills. Past winners have been
novices and experts, too. You can view all the entrees at The 5th AGA
Annual Convention. Details/Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org &
www.gwapa.org