[APD] Re: Question about Use of Chemical Filtration Media in Planted Tanks

I have a question about the use of chemical filtration media in planted tanks
that I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out with.  Is it
advisable to use chemical filtration media such as activated carbon, Boyd
Enterprise's Chemi-Pure, Bio Chem Zorb, or Nitra-Zorb, etc., etc., and products like
that, in heavily planted tanks?  Wouldn't that eliminate or remove most of the
trace elements, vitamins, and amino acids, found in commercial plant fertilizers
such as Seachem's Flourish, or products like that?  Or would it be advisable
instead in the filtration system for heavily planted tanks to just leave out
the chemical filtration and to just rely on mechanical filtration and
biological filtration instead?  Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Leroy C.