[APD] Black brush algae

Hello,

I have a 20 gallon tank that I recently upgraded with
an AHSupply 36 Watt lamp for my plants. I'm starting
to notice this strange algae (well at least I think
it's algae) that is sticking to tank's glass. It's
also starting to grow on my Java Fern. The algae
appears in clusters with black hair like strands
sticking out of each cluster and is pretty tough to
scrub away.

Could this be Black Brush Algae? If so, will it hurt
my plants and how can I get rid of it? Are SAEs the
only fish that eats this type of algae? What's good
place to get SAEs. I can't find them anywhere around
my area.

Thanks you for your help
-WC