Re: [APD] Custom Sea Life may be coming backs as CurrentsUSA ?

Yes, Basically, Champion is going to cover you if you buy
it from them. That's more than other shops that are now
dumping inventory. Or so it seems to me.

Scott H.
--- Michael Skidmore <mskidmore at alamedanet_net> wrote:
> I think CSL's product lines may be coming back soon under
> a new name
> and ownership. Wonder if the warranties for our UV
> sterilizers and
> smartlite retro kits may be good again? I couldn't find
> their
>

> >Thre are still a lot of Custom Sea Life UV units out
> there.
> >A lot of stores seem to have been loaded with inventory
> >when CSL turned off the lights, "disconnected" the
> phone,
> >closed up shop, and ignored any warranties.
>
> I got this on 5/18/04 when looking for a Smartlite retro
> kit:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your response.  CurrentsUSA has taken over
> the CSL line
> of products and we will have their stuff up on our Web
> site hopefully
> by the end of the week.  But any items that have the CSL
> name on them
> will only have the 30 day warranty.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Keith M.
> Marine Depot Customer Service
>

> Found this while looking for CurrentsUSA Web site (which
> I haven't found yet)
>
> CUSTOM SEA LIFE- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS
>

> Effective immediately, Custom Sea Life (CSL) is going out
> of
> business. They are closing their doors, not because of
> bankruptcy or
> business problems, but due to a personal decision made by
> the owner.
>
> Through an arrangement with CSL, Champion Lighting will
> honor all CSL
> warranties on items that were purchased by Champion's
> wholesale,
> service, public aquarium and retail customers. This
> warranty will
> apply to all CSL products purchased from Champion in the
> past and for
> all current inventory, including refurbished items.
> Warranties on CSL
> products purchased elsewhere cannot be honored by
> Champion.
>
> As always, Champion will continue to inventory
> replacement parts for
> virtually all CSL products. This includes CSL PC
> ballasts, metal
> halide ballasts, fans, sockets, UV's, chillers, and lamps
> for both
> the Power Compact and Metal Halide fixtures.
>
> We will continue to distribute and warrantee Velocity
> pumps.
>
> In the near future we will also be carrying replacement
> product lines
> for the PC Moon-Lite, Smart Lite, Power Compact line,
> Power Coolers,
> and UV sterilizers under the "Currents USA" brand name.
> We will
> continue to carry comparable metal halide hoods, retrofit
> kits,
> ballasts, etc.
>
> Be assured that your Custom Sea Life fixtures, hoods,
> [...]

=====
Tired of filling that aquarium all the way to the top? Ready to try something a little different? Think less water, more options. Think paludarium.

Aquarium Design Group's Mike Senske raised paludariums to a whole other level. SEE Senske paludariums at

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/aquascapes/aquascapes_paludariums.htm

SEE the Senske submissons to the AGA Annual Aquascaping Contests at http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2004.cgi

HEAR and SEE Mike talk about paludarium design at The 5th AGA Annual Convention. Details/Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org & www.gwapa.org