From: aquatic-plants-bounces+graham=peachy_org at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+graham=peachy_org at actwin.com] On Behalf
Of Gilly Munavalli
Sent: Friday, 11 June 2004 12:31 AM
To: 'aquatic plants digest'
Subject: RE: [APD] adding Calcium Carbonate

I've gotten more to go into solution with heat and vigorous stirring
obviously...  but still need large volumes of water to make that happen
(3-5 gallons).  I loved having a sump to dump everything into and let it
slowly dissolve without coating everything.  Unfortunately, with the
increased CO2 loss and inherent flow instability with the hang on back
overflow box accumulating air in the top of the U tube, I stopped using
the sump :-(

I haven't tried supersaturating some water with CO2 from my tank and
then trying to dissolve in the CaCO3...
That would be cool to try

I eagerly await other suggestions from the group

GM