Re: [APD] CO2 use - off at night? -- or - plugging timers

Hmmmm. With a controller you maintain a CO2 level all night
that you don't really need since the plants aren't using
it. You could let the pH drop a bit at night. If your'e
going to al the expense of a pH contorller and solenoid,
why not hook up to the light timer also and save that last
little bit of CO2?

Scott H.
revance at indiana_edu wrote:
> I just use a pH controller and solenoid valve... that way
> it only runs when it
> needs it. Milwaukee makes a good inexpensive controller
> (about $100) and I
> can't imagine injecting co2 any other way! The real nice
> thing about this,
> other than saving on co2 is that all you have to do is
> keep track of your
> carbonate hardness and you know roughly what your co2
> levels are at any given
> time... no bubble counting etc.
>

> Quoting Mark Vanvick <mark_vanvick at choldings.com>:
>
> > I read in an issue of Aquatic Plants Digest that it is
> a good idea to turn
> > off the CO2 at night.But I get the feeling that most of
> the people on this
> > board don't do that.I have a wet/dry filter and use a
> lot of CO2 and turning
> > it off at night would help.What do most of you folks
> do? Thanks.
> > -Mark Vanvick

=====
Cryptocorynes seem cryptic? Worried about meltdowns? Can't tell a C. wendtii from C. undulata? See 'Crypt'master Jan D. Bastmeijer, host of The Crypt Pages website, at The 5th AGA Annual Convention. Details/Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org & www.gwapa.org