[APD] Re: transporting CO2 tanks?

From: "Steven Pituch"

Has anyone thought about why the professionals transport gas bottles
vertically?

Yes, I asked the guys who used to deliver N2 and Argon gas for my HPLC and CO2 for our tissue culture hoods. They said they can transport more that way and they are easier to lift and roll into place when vertical. They also have slick screw on protective caps. I've had two drivers from Air Liquide tell me they have seen cylinders take drops from the back of the truck down to loading dock and were just fine. They have the extra advantage of custom racks and tie down straps that keep the cylinders in place w/o moving which we usually don't for our cars.