[APD] transporting CO2 tanks?

All this talk about CO2 tanks reminds me of something my supplier told
me the last time I got a CO2 tank. He told me that in Florida it's
illegal to transport a filled tank in my car ($10,000 fine no less),
that it should only be transported in an open pickup truck. He said one
of their customers got stopped by the police after somebody noticed the
tank in the back of her car at a Wal-mart parking lot (that I can
believe).

I find that really hard to believe, especially since I've never heard
that when I pick up a propane tank with my car. On the other hand, I'd
hate to be proved wrong... has anyone else heard this?

Thanks,

Kurt