Re: [APD] Re: "purple krinkle"

--- Cavan <millsman7 at yahoo_com> wrote:
> "I recently bought plant from an fish store called
> the
> "Purple Krinkle". Its leaves are green on one side
> and
> purple on the other side. Other than that, I
> couldn't
> find any other information about the plant on the
> Web."
>
> It sounds like you probably have Hemigraphis
> colorata.
>  It is not an aquatic plant.  It will last a while
> under water but won't grow.  Go to www.tropica.com
> and
> you'll find a bit of information there.

NJPets here in NJ sold me this plant awhile ago.
I really like its looks, so was bummed as it slowly
dawned on me that it probably wasn't aquatic. I
guess I could have brought it back, but I took it
as a lesson in doing research, and it actually
inspired me to get serious about growing plants
instead
of just throwing any old pretty plant at the store
into the tank.

I actually still have this in my tank, it's held on
for several months now. Should I go ahead and rip it
out, or just let it fade away?

-David Wren-Hardin