[APD] Re: Problem of mulm in heavily planted tanks

I have a heavily planted 40-gallon breeder tank that I have just gotten set
up and running.  I have a question though.  How do you prevent the mulm that
usually builds up after having gotten the tank setup and running for several
years from accumulating on the bottom of the tank?  That seems to be a problem
that happens to all of my heavily planted tanks, no matter how well taken care
of and maintained, as it has happened to all of my other heavily planted tanks
in the past no matter what I've tried.  And what are the best ways of getting
rid of that mulm without having to tear down the tank and without having to
start all over again once every couple of years or so?

Leroy